Monday, May 31, 2010

Wildfires in Canada

I was reading the news last evening and it was the first I had heard of wildfires in Quebec. Our state sent firefighters to help. That is not unusual in the case of wildfires.

This morning I stepped outside. It was quite hazy and I smelled the strong odor of a fire. (I've experienced wildfires in San Diego - pretty distinct smell). The haze turned out to be smoke. Apparently with the strong winds we've had the smoke has wafted down here. It is a good distance away.

Mother Nature really is powerful. I'm thinking in our neck of the woods we are headed for a drought this summer. We've barely had rain. Ah well...in the grand scheme of things we are always complaining about the weather!

Great weekend. Seemed too short but we were very busy. I will upload pics tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment