Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy June

Today is my son's birthday. 31 years old. I'm feeling a teensy bit old now! I'm two months shy of grabbing that senior citizen discount. hehe Well, hey, why not? Someone decided 55 equals senior citizen and as much as I'm really not, in my own mind, I may as well cash in on the savings.

Nancy's husband's birthday is today, too. Happy Birthday, Jeffrey!!! Hope it's a good day.

UFO # is 8. This is what happens when you play with the list. Now I've got to make the placemats. I should get them done. Otherwise I'll be doing them in December. Suck it up, Buttercup!

There are currently no Flickr bee projects at my house. Oh happy day. So I'm going to try to do some things that will be instant gratification over the next week or two. Amy had an IPhone case tutorial and it looked pretty easy. When I start to understand the sewing projects I really feel good about myself! I'm going to make some of those and definitely one for me! My phone is red but I'm sure orange will go with it. hahaha I want to make a Keyka Lou bag for my friend. She needs a pick me up and I've got some pretty cool fabric to make a bag.

My husband is changing jobs after 17 years at his current place. He is done Friday and will start the new job after a week of down time next week. We will be busy trying to relax and get a few started projects done around here. This is a big change but we are welcoming it. I may even get to see him a few more hours each week. That will be nice.

That's it for now. I'm waiting for Nancy. We're not too busy today so we going to visit our LQS, have some lunch. I've got to shop for a birthday boy dinner. Steak, potatoes and Caesar salad. I need to get a cake. There was not much notice to make a cake so I must purchase one.

I'll have Nancy's UFO #9 up later. She had made some progress on it and I'm sure she's made plenty more. From what I've seen so far, it is pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment