Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It was a fine 4th of July weekend

When we arrived on Friday afternoon at our lake house the first thing I saw on the lake was a baby loon. I was so excited. I rushed to unpack everything so I could go and watch and take pictures. I really do get excited about the loons. They are very interesting birds.





The baby is in between the two parents. They are quite protective of the baby. It is so little. It is difficult to see in the pictures but loons are quite large.








Seen enough? hehehe I am sure I'll be shooting more pics as each week goes by. It is so fun to watch the parents teach the baby to survive as the summer wears on.

On Saturday we had a big party. Fortunately our lake neighbors provide the entertainment in the form of fireworks. Free fun!!!! For us, anyway.

I passed off an angel package to a my friend, Micci's husband. Here is the proof!



We had a good time with this cast of characters. Mostly friends but my brother-in-law and his wife came as well. We've all known each other for forever and as I reflect on the pictures...I think we're getting older! But we still know how to have fun. The weather was fabulous and we were able to take them out on the boat which has had minimal use this year due to the lousy weather we have had so far. Mother Nature was very kind to us this past weekend.





The brother-in-law and sister-in-law:






We had a great time and I think everyone else did as well.

We laid low on Sunday and had a quiet day. At night the sky lit up with fireworks all over the lake. Amazing. I hauled a chair onto my dock and my husband sat on the back of our boat. A good two hours of fine enjoyment.

We came home early yesterday to rest up for the week ahead. We are both still sporting colds. His is getting better and I can't seem to shake mine. Bummer.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I did notice the seasonal section in Target was clearing out. I wonder if the Christmas trees are going up now. hehehe

Nancy was busy this weekend, too, with some sewing projects. I'll show them a little later. Very cute and patriotic!

1 comment:

  1. Love the loons!! :) And how fun to celebrate with friends and family. Thanks for sharing. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete