Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The machine hummed for a little while yesterday

9:30 am - update. The UFO challenge number was 2 and it is done. Pic later. Got to ready myself for the conference call.



I did some sewing yesterday. I have a pile of things to do now and I am struggling with some motivational issues. They will pass, I'm sure. I just have to keep going down to the studio.

I cleaned the studio last week and everything was neat and tidy. Of course I hauled all the stuff that came in the mail last week and set it on the table. It has now moved to the ironing board.

But....I turned on the Bernina and decided to do the blanket stitch around all the shapes on my Poodles Noel wall hanging. It took two or three attempts to finish but I did get it done. Now I'm trying to get all the stabilizer off the back. Tear away, my a**!!! I'm going to sew the borders on this morning so I can say I did my #9 UFO challenge. I think that is the number for July.

I have a conference call at 10 am. Doesn't that sound important? hehehe Our quilt show committee is a little high tech and this is a way to get us all in on the same conversation at the same time. It is scheduled to be one hour. Hopefully that is the case.

Because...today I want to make eggplant parmesan. I love that dish. It is a bit of work but I love it and it is worth the effort. Hubby had dinner out last night and I am in need of a good meal as I had cheese and crackers for dinner.

Judy L. got herself a house in Texas. I am so happy for her. What a saga this has been. The pictures look great and she'll have a pool and the pool looks really neat. She is such a wonderful person and I am so glad that she can go to a home rather than a hotel when she makes the big move this month.

You know, I am missing my bud, Nancy, while she is on vacation. She'll be back next week. My gosh it is August and the kids will be going back to school soon. Where has this year gone? The older I get it seems like the days/months/years are just flying by.

Over the weekend, we helped my son clean his old apartment so he can get his security deposit back. Okay...can I just say, I never want to do that again. Help me, Rhonda! Thank goodness it was only 3 rooms and a bathroom.

On Sunday we went to see his new place and while there were still plenty of boxes all over the place it will be nice. Of course it will be nicer without boxes. There were no window treatments of any kind on the windows and his girlfriend didn't much like that. The windows are all brand new which will be helpful this winter. Hubby and I went to Home Depot and bought mini blinds for the living room and the bedroom. Hubby installed. Much better. More privacy for them.

I'm pleased because it is a nice neighborhood. Residential and there won't be too much traffic and there should not be any random shootings or murders. A couple of weeks ago there was a murder just down the street from them and that just freaked her right out. Freaked me out, too. My hometown is so darn scary now. Not every part of it but enough that makes one stop and think about where they are going. I guess it is a sign of the times. So I am happy for them. They just need to unpack the boxes.

They never eat properly so I'm trying to figure out what kinds of things I could make for them that can be frozen and baked when they need to sit down and eat. I might be thinking for a long while on this one. From time to time I make a batch of meatballs to freeze and I guess I need to do up a couple of batches pretty quickly.
Maybe tomorrow.

Well, that's it from my corner of life. Have a good day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. We still have to plan our meet up before the summer is over too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do and as soon as Nancy gets back we'll have to organize our meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait either. Home this weekend. I know I have one child who will be very happy to be home...he has started his countdown!!! NJP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous????? hahaha It was good to talk to you today.

    ReplyDelete