Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring to Finish Challenge

It is always great to have a motivator to get things done. I did join Jacquie's challenge and indicated that I had two twin size scrap quilts to get finished. In addition to finishing the quilts, I also need them quilted and bound to place on the twin beds in my summer home.

I am almost done with the 72 blocks for the first one. Hopefully I will finish today and get them on the design wall for placement. It is scrappy but there is some fear that it will look ridiculous if I do not do this. I have made great progress on two sewing days in the last week so I am stoked.

I realized that I also must finish a mystery quilt that we have been doing since November in my Guild. I'm up to date and the final clue arrived last week. Basically I have to put all the pieces together and then make the top and add the borders. This, too, is doable and will be done. One had to pick a large floral fabric and then pick the lights, darks, etc. Orange/Teal/Dark Brown/Violet/a blender of pinks, purples/orange and a Kaffe floral. I can't wait to finish it. I love all the pieces so I can't imagine I would not like the quilt itself. It has been fun doing the mystery.

Photos...well, I am working on that as well. I have a newer digital camera but still use my outdated larger Kodak from 2000. I know how to use it and it is comfortable.

I am also involved in 2 virtual quilting bees and the Potholder Pass 3 (I can't get the badge/button) and I am quite excited about that. I have two blocks to do for one of the bees next week. Easy peasy.

That is it for today....

No comments:

Post a Comment