Friday, August 6, 2010

August and I am a little more productve

Well, July is over and in one way I'm sad about that and in another way it is good. I felt like I was on vacation the whole month of July and didn't get anything done. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one who takes a vacation and lets things sit idle. Okay....I forgive myself! :)

I have been playing catch up this week with Round Robin projects and trying to get things finished so I won't get overwhelmed. This week I completed the July Christmas in July blocks and two of the Round Robins that I had in my possession. I actually gave myself permission to be in my studio every day to get the work done. It is not work, is it?

I learned some things this week. I can go and be creative every day. I also learned to work on one thing at a time and then clean up when that project is done. WOW! So simple, yet it took forever for me to figure it out! My studio is not such a mess when I walk out and I think that is a good thing for me! I dislike chaos, especially the kind I can create.

So, I'm caught up. I have the 3x6 bee to do and that is just about set to be done. I received the August package for Christmas in July. Those two are the only things in my pile right now. I'm expecting a Bee in My Bonnet package. I must make two potholders, 3 postcards and Christmas stuff! I'm sure there will be another Round Robin coming soon. I had to stop looking at potential new bees until January. It is killing me, though. :)

I have not done anything for myself this summer. I wanted to make a purse. I bought fabric and handles in May, I think, and I see the project sitting in my personal projects basket. Maybe next week.

I guess that is it for now. I must go and lay in groceries. Mother Debbie's cupboard is looking a little bare! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment