Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sewing, cooking, reading, cooking, sewing....

I've been doing all of the above lately. Busy, busy, busy. A special project came up over the weekend so I stopped and did that and got it out in the mail today. Check.

Deadline looming on the Christmas swap. I will be ready to mail 10/14 or 10/15. Come hell or high water! I think we had the high water last Friday. I have a round robin block to get finished and off to its next leg of the journey. I'm half done and should get it out Thursday. Here's a sneak peak at the block.



I'm a bit scattered in completing the projects but they are getting done. I'm going to have to make a list of the things I have to do this month. I think it will be relatively tame. (she says with her fingers crossed) Potholders, postcards, mug rugs, ornaments, and bears, oh my!

I went to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday. I never go there because I hate the drive. It is not my favorite place but I did get some rick rack. I love that stuff. We won't get into the fact that I dropped my little pack of orange rick rack into my cup of coffee. Butterfingers! Well, I had fun at JoAnn's just walking around and looking.

Cooler weather brings out my inner chef. I made a roaster chicken on Sunday with garlic smashed potatoes and roasted butternut squash. Topped off with a from scratch apple pie. We went to the orchard on Saturday and snagged some yummy apples.

Left over chicken will become a lovely chicken soup for the Queen and I for lunch tomorrow. I was going to make it tonight but I whipped up a big batch of meatballs. Some for us and some for my son. I made 48 meatballs and talked to my mom on the phone at the same time. Oh yeah....cooking can be like laundry. The magic happens independently! So I'm too tired to make soup. I'll make it in the morning. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so it will be the perfect lunch.

My back is better thanks to my new best friend, Dr. Jason, chiro guy extraordinaire. I was able to go back to Curves this week. I'm not 100% but I'm getting there. Thank goodness...it could have been a disaster. 2 weeks away from exercising. YIKES!!! Not good.

Well, I'd best get myself to bed. The computer is about to tell me low battery so I'll go and charge it up for tomorrow. I have to DVR my two 10:00 shows. Why do they always put good stuff on at the same time?

Nighty night.....tales from the hive tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Like the sneak peak!! :) Looks really neat! Can't wait to see it completed. :)

    ReplyDelete