Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowmageddon

Yes, it is a new word! Who made this up? I have no clue but it certainly is getting a lot of use lately. Not only that.....Nancy and I are thwarted once again. Oh well...we are trying to keep the creative momentum going.

So....here's what we did today:

Postcards for the Postcard Swap with the Valentine's theme or everyday theme. Nancy's are not finished but they are quite striking. I was placing my focus on spring in the midst of a snowstorm!




#10 is the number for February for the UFO challenge. For me, it is a table runner that I have been wanting to make using ribbons as part of the runner. I purchase a few of the ribbons in different themes so I will have to choose. Hopefully I will be able to finish this project in the short month. For Nancy, she has a Christmas quilt to finish with a minkee fabric backing.

Tomorrow hubby will be working from home. Trying to follow FEMA's advice. NOT!!!! It is just safer for him to be home and a number of folks are doing the same thing. Schools are already cancelled in most places.

I plan to spend more time getting some things done and out in the mail by Friday. I hope to finish my postcards. I now have two round robin packages to do. I need to get at least one done this week or weekend.

It is my month for Bee in My Bonnet and I have not packaged up anything. I know what I want though. Hopefully those packages will be in the mail by Friday.

My brother is coming to visit this week with his daughter/my niece. We are all excited about this. Niece is getting married on 11/11/11. Can't wait for that party.

Well, that is it for tonight. I think I'll rest up and have myself one heck of a creative day tomorrow.

Ohhh....Nancy made a purchase yesterday. I'll have to see if she wants me to tell. It was fun for me to watch. hehe

More tomorrow and I'll post pics of the baby quilts we have finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment