Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The groundhog did not see his shadow!

And.....that means 6 more weeks of winter. If you look at the calendar! Early spring? Hard to say right now especially since we are going to get more snow on Saturday and maybe next Tuesday... Well, it is winter. It looks like winter.

So today I got myself going early. Put my dinner in the crockpot. As I type this the aroma is wonderful....




I then went to the studio and tidied up quite a bit. It is hard to be creative when it is a complete mess. So I got things cleaned up and put my inspiration piece in the middle of my design wall(s).




I tried to organize the February projects. I pulled out #10 of the UFO Challenge. Nancy and I had been shopping last year and all these ribbons were in a shop. There was a table runner made up utilizing these ribbons. The pattern looked easy enough with 5 fat quarters and the ribbons. I bought the pattern and a bunch of ribbons. Another trip to the shop yielded 5 fat quarters.

So I've got my fabric and the pattern and two different ribbons.



I'm leaning toward using the vegetable ribbon as opposed to the utensils. Although the utensils are cute, I think the fabric screams use the veggies. Thoughts?????

Then I made a postcard for the swap. I was going to toss this piece (okay, toss is a bit drastic and very unlikely but it would have gone into a black hole) but after careful consideration I decided to proceed. I started this earlier in January and wrote about it in an earlier post. I quilted the fabric and then painted over it with acrylic white. I then used a paint stick to paint the heart. This morning I outlined stitched around it with Sulky thread. I added rick rack, stamping, and a button. I even hand stitched the binding. Lot of work but I like it and I hope the recipient will like it as well.



Hubby raked the roof and this a lovely new look on homes in the winter in the Northeast.



I took another pic.....you can barely see the granite post. It is almost completely buried!!!



I took this pic from the top of the stairs on my deck.....If all else fails, JUMP!!! Who could get hurt?



Just fun times with this snow but it has afforded me the opportunity to be creative. Still lots of things to do...but it is fun being creative. I may not be terrific but I do have fun. It is therapeutic among other things. :)

Have a wonderful evening. Hopefully you are all safe and sound, warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment