Monday, May 16, 2011

Moving on to new projects....looking forward to summer

Well geez, it is chilly here today. Rained so hard yesterday I was just sitting outside watching it. Under cover of the porch, of course!



I took this picture because the tree was so rain filled it looked blurry. It was hard to capture it on camera. We all know that I'm such a photographer extraordinaire! haha

Hubby returned home late Saturday night after a week in France. It was so nice to see him. I hate it when he travels. I try to stay very busy but it is not always easy. Yesterday we went to the lake house and turned on the water and I brought the linens and made the bed. I'm hoping to go this weekend and finish getting it ready for summer. Which reminds me....I've got to call the septic man to pump the tank! I hate that...turn on the water and the power and the alarm goes off. So annoying. I'm ready to go kayaking again. Right now the kayaks are inside the house. Looks ridiculous, I tell ya.... :)

I just returned from the post office. The Tokyo Subway Map project has left the building. I can breathe again. Now I can focus on Jen's tree for the Bee Unique Bee Knotty Flickr bee. It will be heaven to get a little creative.

I must make the Block of the Month for tomorrow's guild meeting this afternoon. I must also make cookies for our potluck end of the year meeting. We meet all year but June, July and August are set aside for specialty workshops such as Quilts of Valor, Families in Transition, etc. We are gearing up for our second Quilt Show in May of next year. We will be busy.

We vote on our new slate of officers and committee chairs for the next guild year at tomorrow's meeting. I have not said anything about this prior but I have volunteered to be the President. So, unless I am totally disliked and someone jumps in, I will be the President of the Guild for the next year. It is a big step for me. I have avoided it because I just did not feel I could give it my full attention. At this time, I feel that I can. So...that's all I have to say about that right now. :)

Perhaps later on today I will post a picture of my block of the month and I can tell you that Nancy has been one busy woman with her projects. She finished the mystery quilt and by that I mean it is quilted and bound. She may very well blow the gals out of the water tomorrow. I've tried to think if anyone else could possibly have finished theirs. I don't have a picture of that quilt yet and will wait until the full mystery is solved tomorrow. hehe

Well, I'm off to make the block of the month...catch you all later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment