Monday, January 2, 2012

Not a bad start to the New Year

I spent time on Saturday, Sunday and today working on the string blocks for one of the Flickr swaps. I stuck to my original commitment of 16 + 1 block. I was seriously making myself crazy picking out the strips. I know one is not supposed to do that.

Here is my pile!



A little more organized here! hehe



If the post office was open today they would be on their way. I'll send them out tomorrow.

During this process I cleaned the basket filled with scraps. Some of these fabric scraps were tidbits! Smaller than a Cheez It! What on earth was I saving this stuff for? Hit the road, scraps....That felt good.

I am still undecided if I like this string block business or not. I really do love the look of the finished quilts that I see all around the internet and I admire the people who really love doing this kind of thing. I just don't know if I like it myself. Well, I don't have to decided right now. It might come in handy some day when all my UFO's are complete. Hmmmm....I don't know if I'll still be here in the next century. hahaha

So....I was itching to do something new. I decided to do the January block from the 12 little quilt blocks that I bought last year. It was certainly easy enough. Again, I agonized over my color choices, including the nose...dark orange or bright orange...

Well...here's the little fella. He's kind of cute or he will be when he gets his mouth and eyes! All the fabric is from my stash. Sweet. I'm going work that angle this year.



Really not a bad start to 2012. #5 is the number for Judy L.'s UFO challenge. A nice easy project. It is a table topper and the top is all done. I have the batting, backing and binding already so I just have to assemble, quilt and bind. I'm glad it was an easy one to start of the new year.

I did head off to the gym this morning since I blew the whole month of December off. Just could not bring myself to go. I should have known....it was closed due to the holiday.

This was kind of a crazy holiday for scheduling. Nancy's kids are still out today from school but my town went back to school. My husband had to work. He had Friday off. Oh well....I have had a nice quiet day.

Off to make salad for dinner. I made a pork pie yesterday that we will eat tonight. I was thinking ahead...hehehe

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment