Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tales from the Hive - Week 4

Another good day today! My goodness we were so very busy. This has been the most productive January for Nancy and I. As I've stated...we are on a roll.

Prior to Nancy's arrival this morning I made cookies for our dessert. Okay frozen dough popped in the oven but there were two kinds - chocolate chunk and snickerdoodle! Variety is good.

After the cookies, I ran the vacuum around a bit - just for fun! HA!!! Then I went downstairs and decided to quilt the little table topper. I thought it would go quick and it did. I forgot to take a picture of it. Well, I guess I will wait until it is bound and completely finished before I show it off.

The room was neat and tidy before I got down there today!

Trust me when I say this is cleaned up, okay? haha



I think we need to do something about this lally column. It is butt ugly!!!




Nancy's goal today was to finish her husband's quilt. That went very well. She got the top done and one border for framing. She's going to do piano keys for the second border. I think this quilt is so cool. It went quickly, too! I was a slave driver -telling her she had to get it done before Friday.



What do you think? Isn't it cool with the pops of color?


Meanwhile, my pal, Zeus was busy doing this:





So while Zeus was snoring away, I needed to make that valance for my husband. He's still wanting his quilt but he'll be really happy that this will be done for him! Nancy was most helpful. She knows this stuff and I do not. I thought I was done and then she said rod pocket. Oh boy!!!! But it is done. Another completion. I'm pretty happy with it.

Isn't this fabric spectacular? It is going to be the sunshine in my kitchen!




Oh, it's a valance!! Not a scarf!!! hehe



For my final act, I cut the binding strips for the table topper, sewed them together and called it a day!!!

On to lunch and playtime. Nancy made Butternut Squash soup. It was delicious. Recipe from The Chew. We had roasted garlic ciabatta bread (we are big on the bread here) and then cookies for dessert.

Zeus and I had some serious bonding time today.

warning: Zeus and Debbie alert - pics o' plenty!!!



For my next trick - Zeus, take the treat from my teeth! I am so bad!!! hehe







After Nancy left, I zoomed over to Home Depot for more paint. Let's see a gallon of paint yesterday, a gallon today and a valance. I hope my husband knows he's going to be busy this weekend! hehe

It was a very good day. What did you do?

2 comments:

  1. It was an excellent day today!!!
    NJP

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!!!!! I love all the pics and Nancy, the quilt for your hubby is fabulous. I love the black and white with pops of color. What a great idea. Debbie, I love your sewing space...can you send some of your energy west???

    ReplyDelete