Thursday, January 12, 2012

An unexpected but wonderful surprise

On Tuesday I went to my group that meets at the Library twice a month. We call it "therapy". We were in a remote location at the Old Town Hall across the street because the Library is getting a new roof. It is nice that they accommodate us.

When Nancy arrived she placed a packet of fabric and an envelope on the table. The envelope had my name on it. I could not imagine why I was getting a gift. I opened the card and it was from my friend, Vickie, who blogs over at My Full Color Life. Vickie and I are in swaps together on Flickr as well so we have known each other for almost two years.

Vickie knew I had a not so stellar December and decided to cheer me up. She sent this lovely packet of fabric to Nancy to have her surprise me. I was so surprised.



I have thanked Vickie privately and I'm thanking her again publicly. I'm so touched that she did this. It made my day. Thank you, Vickie, for thinking of me. I am so happy to have you as my friend. And....Nancy and I wish you could hang out with us one day (or more) as well. What fun we could have!!!

I stumbled on to Flickr a couple of years ago thanks to Quilt Dad. He had made mention of Quilting Bee Blocks and swaps listed on Flickr. Hooked me right in. I dragged Nancy along with me shortly after. She's hooked, too!

We have met some wonderful people from all over the world and we all share a common love - quilting. We have been able to stretch our creativity in the swaps we have joined and it really is a great feeling. Sometimes it is scary to create something for someone else but in the end it always okay.

We've learned about our friend's taste in fabrics and we know, instinctively, when we see a picture just who made that block. It is pretty cool.

I value each and every one of my swap pals. I just want to say it publicly today.

And...thank you, again, Vickie. You are so special! :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome! I am so far behind in my reading and delighted that I didn't click "mark all as read" in my google reader!!!! Thank you sooooo much! I have skipped around and found my friends' blogs to 'catch up'. I am happy, happy, happy to have both you and and Nancy as friends! :) And I love all your newsy blog posts and the pictures. Makes me feel like I have, in fact, had a visit. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete