Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Sunday has arrived

Oh good grief! My husband is very stressed out over this upcoming football game. I'm not making a lot of food as it is just he and I. He probably won't eat. He really gets stressed.

To ease his stress he decided to tackle the master bedroom. I have been saying that I would like to make it a sanctuary or a haven. Whatever the word. I want it to be peaceful. We have not touched this room since we moved in 6 years ago. It is time.

I was making a quilt for the bed and I had picked out all this cool fabric. It was a mystery quilt and so far all I've managed to get done is clue one of six clues. I showed him all the fabric yesterday. I think I am a little nervous about this quilt because I am making it bigger. I have a California King bed. I think Nancy's quilt for Emily was a twin size. Same mystery/different fabrics! Math is involved. EEK!!!! I'm sure it will all work out.

So... the television has been moved to the basement in the workout area. This is cool because it might inspire me to get on the treadmill while watching the news or DIY or some such thing. We did not watch the tv in the bedroom. It was a very rare occurrence like if there was a World Series game on and I was watching something else in the den. So there was really no need for it to be there.

This morning before 9 am we were vacuuming, dusting and moving furniture around to get the place ready to be painted. He's taping the edges, doorways, etc. now and I'm doing laundry. Can you tell? haha The good news in all of this is that he is managing the stress for the day before the game.

I forgot to show the picture of the valance that is up in the kitchen. My head is still snapping back every time I see it. I suppose that will wear off eventually and it is because it is the only window curtain in the house. He loves it. He picked out the fabric himself, as I mentioned in some earlier post, and while he said I could do what I wanted with it....yep, he really wanted it to be a valance.

And it is!


So I'm not sure what all I'll be doing before the television gets turned on to all football but I'll think of something.

Have a good one! Go Pats!

1 comment:

  1. Your husband did a great job picking out the valance fabric!! Nice. I LOVE your view!!!!! Can't wait to see your bedroom in progress. I am sure it will look fabulous and that you can do the math...glad it is you and not me! Ha! Hugs and happy football day! :)

    ReplyDelete