Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I think my Bernina is happier

I made great progress today. I had a 2 hour window of opportunity and I took advantage.

I got all the pieced blocks made and just need to sew the rows together, attach the borders, and then get it ready for quilting. This is a very good thing.

So, while I was working on the pieced blocks I was putting it up on the design wall to see how they looked together. I think once it is all pieced it will be just fine.


I've become attracted to the owl fabric and I hope Jill, the mom, likes owls. They don't look scary, do they? That would be very bad. hehe

I never shared that I actually did make the Block of the Month for guild. This was my first go and it was a bit shy of the 12 1/2 inches so I made a second one. I will turn this into a pillow. Good idea, don't you think? :) It was an easy block to make and the color choices were great. I didn't win all the blocks but that's okay. I don't necessarily need another project on my hands right now.


I feel better now that I've gotten this quilt going. My Bernina was thrilled to be turned on and used, I'm quite sure!!! I am hesitant to write a list of all the things I should be doing as I might get overwhelmed and crawl back into the funk. So, I'll just plug along as best I can right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment