Sunday, August 14, 2016

Whose wine, what wine, where the hell have I been?

Okay...dust bunnies!!!  Move along. 

I cannot believe how long it has been since I have been here.  Months and months.  I have been working very hard to come back to quilting.  Some ups and downs, some progress.  I'm actually contemplating moving the blog over to a different format as I sometimes have so much trouble actually getting here.  It used to be easy but now it is a pain.

In January, I took a class at my LQS (The Quilt Place in Rockledge, FL is a lovely, lovely place to be) with Gudrun Erla.  Then in February I hopped on the Drop and Give Me Twenty train to finish the quilt top, which is to be a gift for my brother-in-law.  Okay...fell off the train and the darn thing still isn't done but I have made progress.

Went on a cruise in March.  That was FUN!!!

I went home to NH in June to visit.  My mom and I did some sewing and we did bindings on a couple of charity quilts.  I forgot how much I missed the therapeutic nature of this.  So much.  I started a little group here in my community in July.  So far we've met twice.  I have two more dates set and in September we'll probably settle into once a month.  It seems to have struck a chord with people who don't even know how to thread a needle!!!  Do you think there is a need for socialization here?  Don't answer...it is too obvious.  Lots of lonely gals!

I made a table topper for my friend's birthday.  She turned 50, loves Halloween.  I cannot believe I did not get it done yet.  Her birthday was the 10th.  She's seen it, she loves it and it will be my goal to finish it this week.  If I can get back here easily enough, I'll have pictures.

I need to make two or three more table toppers for our annual Autumn Bazaar.  That is in November.  I know how fast I can get things done because I time myself.  Doable.  I also need to make something for the raffle table.  Also doable. 

My wonderful friend, Nancy, told me I needed to sign up for the Teal Mini Swap.  So I did.  I had been contemplating and I just needed a push over the mountain.  It is good.  I will be looking forward to my swap partner's info and get that done.  I have never been a slacker in swaps.  I might freak out but I have always followed through.   I cannot commit to my own self though.  haha  Might need to work on it. 

The Teal Mini Swap is on Facebook.  Check it out.  A $15.00 entry fee with $10.00 going to Ovarian Cancer Research.  The other $5.00 cover shipping from Beth.  Signups until August 29th.  I'm looking forward to it. 

PS:  That train I fell off is also run by Beth!  A rock star!!!

That's it for today.  Cannot believe I am actually here.  Hope you are all having a fun productive day.


No comments:

Post a Comment