Tuesday, December 5, 2017

It has been awhile

2017 has been a memorable year.  Not in the best way possible but we are all still alive and kicking.

I have a difficult time remembering to blog and when I want to I seem to have lost all technological sense and cannot get into the blog. Trust me, getting here today was no easy feat.  I may be rethinking this blog and trying something new even if I am the only one reading it!!!

So since I last wrote anything....I joined two quilt guilds.  One is an MQG and the other a traditional guild.  Seriously saved my sanity.  I was loving life until the end of June when I went on a planned 4 week vacation.  3 days in, I broke my leg and ended up in the hospital with resulting surgery.  Can you spell FUN?  No, neither could I.  Then in September we had a hurricane.  Irma.  She wreaked havoc and we were singled out as one of her victims.  At least my house was still standing.  Damaged but standing.

So sparing you all the gory details...there was no sewing going on for months.  I had to learn how to walk all over again so I was tied up with rehab.  Plus, all my porch furniture was barricading my sewing space.  So...no sewing.  I was a bit of a caged lion for a while.

Within the last two weeks, our contractor rebuilt our screen room and I was able to get things back in working order.  I did start back to my Quilt Guilds in October so I am happy about that.   I made a BOM block for the traditional Guild.  Woohoo!  I sewed!!!

Probably one of the most important things I learned during my forced confinement was that I need to focus on myself.  I'm struggling with this because it is very difficult to do.  So I have decided that I need to make a serious commitment to do this. 

It is not the best of times to initiate all kinds of changes but I am going to start to clean up my space so that I can sit down an do some form of quilting everyday beginning in 2018.  I had so many grand plans this year and with all the stuff that happened not one homemade gift will be given.  That makes me sad but I will look forward to planning better next year. 

I've got so much stuff (that I know I do not need or will ever use) but I have now found that there are some resources for me to donate some things and I plan to do that.  My traditional guild is looking for specific sizes of fabric (10", 5", etc.) and with my stash I can help them out.  So that will be on the list for scrappiness leaving my house to go into charity quilts.  They also have a recycle table and people donate money when they pick things up.  Good deal for the Guild and good deal for me!!!   I've got stuff for them!!!

Tonight is my MQG holiday party.  Looking forward to that and Friday is the traditional Guild's holiday party.  Busy week!!!! 

Well...all for now.  Hopefully I will be able to easily get back on to this blog and post.  If nothing else it can be my diary!  HA!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment