Saturday, September 25, 2010

My tiny retreat begins

Dropped my DH off at the airport and headed for my fave quilt shop. It was awfully quiet on this Saturday afternoon. Must have been the weather. It was breezy and gorgeous outside today. After I shopped for some things we sat outside and had a lovely chat. For about an hour!

I then headed for the floral supply shop and purchased four wire wreath frames. I'm going to make some fabric wreaths. Queen Peach said we are making them this year. Recipe from Moda Bakeshop by Rachel of p s i quilt. It was in November of 09, if interested. Looks pretty darn simple and I have plenty of fabric!

I then returned home and made a little fall arrangement (I also bought some stems of silk flowers) to dress up my living room. I'm in the mood for a change of seasons despite the heat.

So....down to the studio I went with my purchases. Unloaded and started to pull fabric because I'm going to make one of these:





I bought this pattern a year ago and have wanted to do it ever since then. I have even purchased fabric to make them as gifts for Christmas. Of course, this was last Christmas and obviously they never got made.

I pulled a bunch of fabrics and previewed and finally settled on the fabric for the top. I've got some backing pulled but I think it won't work. I'll work on that after I get the top done.

It feels so good to do something for me for a change. I just don't do it enough. I need to correct that. So I spent the next couple of hours working on it and I have this much done.



Those parts are not together yet. I just wanted to see what it was going to look like!

As you might notice, there is quite a bit of bias. This is for me so I'm not overly concerned about it. Although, so far so good. Best Press - a gal's best friend!

I will finish this tomorrow morning. I hope I have batting kicking around. I'd really like to put it on my porch glass top table. I put a pumpkin cookie jar out there this morning and thus....I was inspired to make a top lickety split.

Poor DH. Flights did not go well but he will eventually arrive at his intended destination. Travel really is getting difficult.

We went out to dinner last night and I stated that I needed to cruise through Home Goods. It is my favorite place to go when I want to redecorate on the cheap. I purchased a couple of statue items for Halloween. I will take a picture tomorrow. They are making me smile. I just love them.

My frozen pizza is ready! I'm off for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment