Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pleasant Sunday



As I mentioned yesterday, these two cuties are really making me smile
.

I woke up at 3:30 am. My back is still giving me problems. I finally got up around 4:45. I made my coffee and waited for it to get light outside to go and get my newspaper. It is 6:30 pm now and almost dark. Boy, summer sure did come to a quick end.

Once I had read my paper and gorged on coffee....oh DH called during that 4 something to 7 am...I got dressed and went down to finish the top.



Cute, don't ya think?


Now I had to preview backing fabric. I did not like my first choice so I finally settled on a lovely fabric sent to me by my partner in Potholder Pass 3. I was really wanting to use the fabrics that I have. I have too, no, so many choices!!
So this is the backing fabric:



I've been stitching down the binding but I needed a break. I'm almost done and could I finish tonight? Sure, but I need a break. I had ordered last year's Quilting Arts special holiday issue (for some reason I forgot. I've been getting QA since its birth) and also this year's special issue. They arrived yesterday and the bonus was the regular mag was in the mail, too! I'd like to preview them.

(I don't watch Desperate Housewives or really any Sunday night fare so it will be good to look and ogle the magazines.)

I took a picture of the topper with its topping and its new home. As I said, not done, lots of flaws but I'm okay with that. I did something for me and I feel good about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment