Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tales from the Hive

Seems like it has been a little while since Nancy and I had our Wednesday Bee. We were most productive yesterday. Nancy had her 3x6 blocks with her. I had pulled fabric out to get mine done. We have until the 15th to mail them out but we both want them to go out the door soon.

I was trying to decide if I was done with quilting the little table runner I whipped up. I was informed that I was. Works for me! haha So I put the binding on.



I have a zillion other things I need to be doing but Nancy said sometimes you just need to do something for yourself. She's right. I'm glad I did it. Actually I was able to focus much more on my 3x6 blocks.

Took the pic a little late in the game so Nancy has another project on the wall in addition to her 3x6 blocks.



Here is one of my 3x6 blocks. I had to lay it out to make sure I liked it. I do. I hope my partner does.



I continued cutting my fabric selections for my partners and Nancy was working on a Christmas gift for her one of her nieces. She's making bed runners for them. We both bought this cute book at the LQS some time ago. The nieces will be very lucky to get these nice gifts. They will have pockets to hold books. Really fab idea.

Here it is by itself. I am not a good photographer! Seriously, though, this was a quick project. She just has to put the borders on and then figure out the quilting bit. She will get all 3 done for Christmas. (I'll crack the whip - haha)




So...anyway. It is now Thursday night and I'm taping those favorite medical dramas so I can be here! I finished stitching down the binding and it will go on the table tomorrow. I love burgundy but that table cloth is just too much. I think the runner will be just the thing. Oh and my husband loves it. He is such a good supporter of my work!



Nancy and I are waiting for the latest Accuquilt order to arrive. It is coming Monday and we've scheduled in (hopefully) an additional bee day for next week. Fingers crossed that it all works out.

All for now.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't productivity marvelous???? It was a great day Wednesday. We need more like them!!! NJP

    ReplyDelete