Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Christmas Star for Nancy

Tales from the hive is still on hiatus but that doesn't necessarily mean nothing gets done. Today I decided to make Nancy's block for the Bee Unique Bee Knotty Flickr group we are in.

We all got a square of fabric from her stash to utilize in our block. She's making a Christmas quilt. I chose this block (because I'm crazy) because I liked the look of it. It is from Quilter's Cache and I believe it is an original block by Marcia Hohn. It is called Chris' Star. I've been eyeballing this block for a while and decided this was the time to make it. I like a challenge apparently.

I think it looks nice. The red fabric was what I received from her and the rest is from my stash. You know what, using my stash did not make one little dent in my Christmas bin!!!!

Hope she likes it.




Meanwhile, she's been working on her project and sent a picture as proof. Tales from Maine:



Its going to be a very nice quilt when it gets finished.

Judy pulled #7 for the UFO challenge for August. For me that's another Christmas item. Its a wall hanging and the blocks are all made with Thangles (not a fan of the thangle). Its all Laurel Burch fabric and I plan to do a sashing treatment to get them all squared up.

For Nancy its like a zillion half square triangles. Good thing they are already made!

Well that is it from our corner of the world today. Have a good rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment