Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tales from the Hive - buzzing on Wednesday

Well, after a little hiatus the hive was buzzing yesterday. I will be up front right now and tell you that I was the supervisor!!! Fortunately I held the camera so you can't know how extremely lazy I was. hehehe

You could find me at times doing this:



Sad, but true. My back was killing me yesterday. I was just trying to be a helpful sort. I did get some good advice on a couple of my WIP's. I have a wallhanging for Judy L's UFO challenge that must get done and I finally found this bag pattern, fabric and handles that I've been wanting to do all summer. No fusible fleece so I must hit the shop for some of that.

We were an adults only hive yesterday. The children were at swim camp. FUN!!! It was a beautiful day for that. I digress...our Emily finished her quilt top. It is really cool in person. It is perfect for a teenage girl. Wouldn't you agree?




Barbara was working on a Keyka Lou shopping bag. She got that all finished up lickety split. It was cut and ready to go...cute fabrics.

Working the project: (whose kitchen is that? hehe)



Progress:




TA DA:




Nancy was working on her UFO #7 challenge. Last year we participated in one of our LQS swaps. Half square triangles using Edyta Sitar's Laundry Basket Quilts papers for making the HST's. You may have heard about these in your area. Cinnamon Sticks are apparently what these pieces of fabric are called. A light and a dark fabric and one Laundry Basket Paper - sew on the lines and voila, you have 28 half square triangles made in about 5 minutes. I love that!!!

One particular quilt caught our attention in the book. It can be a wallhanging or a table topper. So....Nancy had all her little HST's ready.....

She laid them out on my small design wall....oops!!! It wasn't big enough. hehe



But....she did manage to get them all sewn together. A border, quilting and binding will finish this project. It really looked cool.



Makes me want to do mine!!! Maybe in the fall. We also talked about trying to engage our guild to do a swap for this and perhaps use Christmas fabrics for the dark. We thought we could scale down the project to a 9x9 center (81 HST's). Nancy's is 11x11 (121 HST's). We'll try to iron our the details and see if we can drum up interest in it.

We had a good day even though the supervisor was a lazy gal!!! I'll try to work on some of my projects after shopping for the house today. So....gotta get moving so I have some sewing time.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment