Saturday, March 3, 2012

The news

I was on the internet last night after dinner and I clicked on the local news to see if there was anything worth a darn to see. I truly got the shock of my life.

There was headline that stated a former NH resident was killed in an avalanche in California. I clicked on it but never, in my wildest imagination, thought it would be someone I knew. I am still shocked today and saddened that someone so young has passed away.

I immediately called my friend, Micci, and she called back shortly. She was with Ben's parents when I called. Ben's mom is great woman. I haven't seen her in a few years, probably at Micci's back when Micci was moving.

Back in the day a bunch of us were heavily into rubber stamping...everything. We had rotating parties and we called ourselves "The $100 Wives Club". Pauline, Ben's mom, was a member. Good memories.

29 years old is too young to die. Ben was extreme skiing with two friends and they were well trained and well prepared. The friends survived. It is just sad all around. He died living life and I guess if one can do that then it is okay. His Mom & Dad are coping well according to Micci and I'm glad for that.

Rest in peace, Ben.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I am so sorry Debbie. That is much too young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear you lost a friend. Hugs to you, and those that are hurting!

    ReplyDelete