Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tales from the Hive

Moving on....my weekend was an absolute bust. I did no sewing. Nothing. I guess we would call that L-A-Z-Y.

On Monday morning I was back at it. My string blocks need to go out in the mail for the Mini Scrap Basket Swap so I needed to sit down and do them. They are done as of today. This is the messy look!



About half are trimmed up to their correct 6 1/2 inch square and will be shipped tomorrow. I think I said it in the past but I will say it again. I don't particularly like doing these blocks. So....unless their is a change up in the next round I may bow out. I'm running out of scraps anyway. That's a good thing, right? Nancy and I decided we would make charity quilts for our Guild with these blocks and thought it was a good idea at the time!

Nancy had her Halloween Quilt with her today and was cutting the backing. She's doing a giant 9 patch of Halloween fabrics for the back. Cute! We got a full view picture of the quilt today. It really is a cool quilt.



Oops! The ugly lally column is in the picture! Please disregard. I've got to find a solution to the ugliness.

Nancy also brought her completed baby quilt with her along with the backing and binding fabric she snagged at the LQS yesterday. This quilt is the smaller version of the quilt she made for her husband this year.



I love this quilt and I think it is a perfect baby quilt. The following fabrics will be used for the backing and the binding. Is this ladybug fabric not the cutest darn fabric? I loved it the first time I saw it in the shop. I think it is perfect for this quilt.



Nancy said Sue (our LQS owner) told her that the black fabric line is going out of print. Well, I'm going over to the shop. I have this particular fabric in green, blue and maybe red. I really like it so I'm going to need to stash it for bindings or something.

For me...after I finished the string blocks I needed to focus on the auction quilt. I needed to quilt that sucker. I'm telling you I've been so stressed about it. I want it to be cool enough that people might actually bid on it!

Well, it is quilted. Hmmmm...I outlined the leaves with invisible thread on the top and 12 wt. Sulky on the back in brown.



It needs something. I might have to bedazzle it! Guess I'm going to be on the bedazzler mission next week. I have to turn it in on the 20th. I'll bind it and then worry about the sparkly!

This is the back. It was a really nice batik. I can't even remember where I snagged this from but I really liked the fabric and I thought it was the perfect backing for the leaves!



I'll get the binding attached tomorrow or Friday and then I've got to start working on my husband's quilt. His birthday is next Tuesday. Truth be told he has a business trip so I can go slowly! Nancy, forget you saw that last sentence! haha

The weekly snore, ahem, Zeus! He was a lot more lively today. Although that picture doesn't show lively, does it? Guess I have to carry the camera everywhere with me! He was romping outside a little bit in the snow. It was a lovely day in the 50's.



So that's about it from this end. Nancy and I were moving a little slower today. Had to be the weather or the upcoming time change. Surprisingly some things got accomplished so it was not a bad day at all.

Nancy is working on her auction quilt and hopefully we will have pics of that next week. Oh the stress of these damn deadlines!!!!

Hope you all had fun today.

No comments:

Post a Comment