Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tales from the Hive - Stuff & Sleeves

First of all I'd like to extend an invitation. If anyone is in southern New Hampshire this weekend my quilt guild is having their second Quilt Show. As the President (yep, it is true)....I cordially invite you to attend the show which is being held at St Elizabeth Seton Church on 190 Meetinghouse Road in Bedford, NH. The show will run on Friday (5/4/12) night from 6 pm to 9 pm and Saturday (5/5/12) from 9 am to 4 pm. There will be quilts to see, wearable art, a silent auction, raffle table, boutique (beautiful creations lovingly crafted by beautiful members and a live auction at 2 pm on Saturday, May 5th. We have 10 vendors coming as well. There will be food also. You have to have food!!!!

Here is a quilt you could bid on should you decide you'd like to attend.


Yes, made by my pal, Nancy. :) Love it!!!!

Also up for bid is the falling leaves quilt by me!!!



It is sure to be a good time and it would be wonderful if you came to visit us at the show! Okay my PSA is done.

So today, Nancy and I were doing sleeves for our quilts. Okay...I'm only putting one quilt in but it did not have a sleeve but it does now. It still doesn't have a label but it will by the end of the day tomorrow. I must make a baked good (nut free) as well for the hospitality gals.

Today we were whining about the darn sleeves. We hate them. Labels - even worse. I know it is important for labels to be on a quilt. It really is!!! I don't have to like doing them.

I'd like to wish our pal, Vickie of My Full Color Life (http://myfullcolorlife.blogspot.com) a very Happy Birthday today! Hoping it has been a great day so far, Vickie.

Nancy and I went out to lunch. I was going to make corn chowder because it was a rather chilly raw day - perfect for soup. I did not have milk. So I could not make soup. That roommate of ours is eating me out of house and home! Yes, that makes me crazy because I hate grocery shopping.

Sadly, and yes, I really am sad, Junior Seau passed away today. We loved Junior when he was with the San Diego Chargers. We loved going to the Chargers games when we lived in San Diego. When we came back home and he became a New England Patriot we were like dancing in the streets!!! So yes, I'm sad.

Well, that's about it from this end.




No comments:

Post a Comment