Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tales from the Hive

Nancy came over today with Zeus. I did not take pictures. The milkbones were flowing freely and Zeus was a happy camper.

I made the block of the month for our guild meeting next Tueday. Can you say pathetic? Yes, indeed, I actually mustered up the energy to make a 12 1/2 inch Friendship Star block. That is it.

Nancy, on the other hand, managed to make two sets of valances. Two had scalloped edges and the other just straight sewing. But, hey...she got them done.

I made soup for lunch - corn chowder from a package. It was good but not extraordinary. Now if I had put in cream instead of skim milk.....

I think we are a little bit out of energy from our Quilt Show. I have to tell you that I spent the two whole days at the show and I was some exhausted come Saturday night. I'm still absorbing and digesting the whole show and don't feel much like talking about it.

I was in charge of vendors and I had 10 vendors. I spent a lot of time running around making sure they were okay. Nice people and I even managed to get feedback from them and I'm glad I was able to get that for my report.

Nancy came for quilt registration and set up on Friday and that's a tough enough job. She came back on Saturday and worked the live auction. That was a lot of work, too. I was helping but my leg kept going numb so I had to sneak away and sit down. Nancy also helped with take down. Another big job.

I think overall the show was successful. We had a steady stream of traffic. People were smiling. That's sort of how I am basing my opinion for success. Financially, I am a little uncertain. People were not buying. Bids were low at the auction. Perhaps it was a sign of the times.

So overall, Nancy and I have not been overly productive this week, although that was not our intention. I had a list of fun things to do and haven't even gotten to them yet. Oh well. Maybe next week.

I don't know if we will have a post mortum on the Quilt Show but I think we need one. I'm not sure if there will be a quilt show in our near future. We have a good deal of members who are gently older and it is tough on them, too.

I am frustrated with my laptop, which is what I have been using since we got the roommate (my son) and I have been having terrible difficulties with blogspot. I can't get on my blog or anyone else with a google blog. It is extremely frustrating and my lack of posting lately has been the result. I have no energy at night when I can get on the desktop.

I keep wondering if the problem is IE9 as the husband put that on the laptop. I don't have it on the desktop. Obviously...or I wouldn't be here typing away.

Well, all for now. Hope you are all having fun and being way more productive than me! Seriously....a 12 1/2 inch block. So sad.......

No comments:

Post a Comment