Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Straight line quilting

Well, I should be at the gym but I'm not!!! I'm trying to get back into a routine and I am having a bit of a hard time with it.

We had our Guild meeting yesterday and I was not planning on staying too long. It was too hot. However, today, Nancy, Barbara and I will be doing our part for the workshop that was held yesterday for the Quilts of Valor Projects. Pillowcases!

A couple of weeks ago my friend and I went to a quilt shop in the town where my lake house is. There is not a lot of fabric at this shop so it is not my fave. We did see a quilt that was done with this very pretty dragonfly fabric and straight line quilting. My friend loved the fabric. It was very pretty and simple. I thought the sample was a table runner but it was perhaps a throw size. No reason it couldn't be a runner! Well, of course, there was no pretty dragonfly fabric. I told her I would be on the prowl.

I never expected to find the fabric or a reasonable facsimile of this fabric at my LQS. I snagged a piece of the dragonfly fabric and showed it to my friend on Saturday. We agreed it was either the same or a really good substitute!

So yesterday I bought fabric for the runner. Actually I will get two runners out of this very simple project. I did manage to get all the straight line quilting done although the picture was taken midway through the project.


Today I will square it up and put the binding on and give it to my friend this weekend. It was pretty fun to do. I always feel pretty good about doing something for no real particular reason. It is refreshing for the creative spirit!

Have a good day. It has been darn hot here I tell ya!!! Hopefully the weather people are right and the heat and humidity will break after today.

No comments:

Post a Comment