Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Well, I did something today...

So, Nancy and I are still operating in separate hives. She's usually got something going on in the sewing department but me, eh, not so much. I decided that today I was going to sew and not focus on food, what's for dinner, grocery store. I really never left the house today and that was just fine with me.

So....our retreat has been rescheduled for the end of the month. Thank heavens. I guess all but 2 could make the new weekend. One of the things we were asked to do (not required, of course) was to make a 9 patch block in fall colors. They are going to do a charity quilt and there will be blocks with hand embroidered leaves for in between the 9 patches. Sounds fun.

I made 2 nine patches. I will do the hand embroidery, too. Here are my blocks from today.


Then, we have a Block of the Month for our first meeting of the Guild year next week. I'm glad our new chair of that committee did a September block. Being the Prez and all, I figured I should do it. I liked that it was a 9 inch block. It is nice to do something smaller once in a while. It is called Golden Gate and is from the Quilters' Cache.


Okay...not the best photo and I did use my iPad. Not the best light at night even though the studio is in the basement! Or....could it be....my expert photography skills? haha

Nancy did come over for consultation on her little baby quilt she is making. When she is finished I will put a picture up. She used the Swoon pattern and it is stunning! So we consulted, had a cup of coffee and chatted.

I feel pretty good about sewing today, though. I need to get back into the swing of things.

Hope you all had a good day.




No comments:

Post a Comment