Monday, October 8, 2012

Baby its cold outside!!!

Geez whiz!!!! I think we jumped into fall in a hurry. The thermostat reads 52 but it feels like 42. It is cloudy and raw outside. Brrrrrrrr.....

So while I've been freezing for the last couple of days I decided that once and for all I will finish a quilt I started in March. I made a lasagna quilt for my husband's birthday. His birthday was March 13th. I started the project 4 years ago but just gathered tha fabric strips from my stash. Nothing else done to it. It sat in a bin. It was always intended for him but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. So in March the top was done. In June I had it quilted. It looked better and he loved it so that was a good thing. I have spent all summer dragging it around to finish the hand stitching on the binding. I just finished a little bit ago and it is now laying on his chair as a surprise for him tonight.


I have had a real brain cramp with this quilt. I just did not like it. The quilting made it look so much better and it is not terrible but it just never appealed to me. Oh I know this all sounds so ridiculous but as much as I like the scrappy look I'm not very good at it. Just me, I guess.

Nancy sent me pictures of her retreat finishes over the weekend. I will happily post them now.

This is her Dresden plate which will become a pillow! I love it.


This is her half square triangle wall hanging. We did this at Guild with Christmas fabrics for a swap. It is on my to do list as well!


It was a pretty successful swap and several members participated. Hopefully Nancy can show it at Guild next week as a reminder to folks to finish up. Christmas is coming!!!

We closed our cottage at the lake on Saturday. We went up on Friday afternoon and it was so gorgeous outside. The lake was very calm and we were going to have one last campfire. Our friends came over and we chatted till ll pm. It was a nice end to the summer season. We had a good run this year as we've been going up each weekend since April 15th.


I know....it is a terrible picture! I took it from the deck in the dark! haha

In other news....I was reading Vicki Welsh's monthly newsletter this morning on my email. Vicki blogs over at Field Trips in Fiber. She is always doing something cool and inspirational. Be sure to check her blog out. Well as I was reading I got down to the fat quarter drawing and was just looking when I saw my email address! So I won a fat quarter. Lucky me....it made my day.

So that's all for now. I must work on some embroidered leaves which will be due at Guild meeting next week. I feel I am free of the lasagna quilt. Oh I need to sign it and put a label on it and I will - just not today!

Have a good one.










No comments:

Post a Comment