Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall leaves table runner

Here is the runner:


I had my husband take a picture while it is bright and sunny. Pardon my sneakers! LOL

The runner is 60 inches long by 16 inches wide. I quilted it with straight line stitching at 1/4 inch intervals. Calculations: it took me three hours to quilt. I used a variegated thread in the top and brown on the back.

Here is the back. It is just acorns rimmed in gold. Not the best picture but the fabric is lovely.


I know my friend will love it. She really needs a dose of niceness right now as her mother is seriously ill. I was on a mission to get it done so I could give it to her today.

I will be making one for myself which will go on the table for November. I'm going to put my pumpkin table runner out for October as it is more in line with the decorations I have put out around the room.

Nancy left me a message telling me to pick up leaves and put them between newspaper or something. We're planning to make some candleholders. I wonder how many leaves I need. I sure do have tons of them. haha


No comments:

Post a Comment