Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Oh my gosh! People have collages of things they have finished in 2012. I feel like I can barely keep my head above water, never mind make a collage of what I did in 2012.

I did spend a little time last week tidying up the studio. We're trying to crate train the dog so we are not running outside every 15 minutes for the bathroom visits. It gets a little stressful so we've been putting Harley in the crate and each of us doing our own thing in the lower level - my studio and his tool cave! I managed to put fabric away. haha

Harley trashed the bottom of his new bed and he was eating the fuzzle that they filled it with. I had no choice...I had to do something. So...I tried to fuse fabric to the bottom. Big fat mistake. Who knows what the bottom fabric was but even with a teflon sheet I trashed my iron. So I had to rip off the bottom of the bed and I tossed the fuzzle in my wastebasket.

One ticked off puppy. He was not happy about his bed. So....back to the drawing board. Had a little lightbulb moment. Our guild had been given a donation of fabric from a furniture store. They were 27 inch squares of home dec weight fabrics. Ahhhhhh....some people said they were going to make dog beds to donate to the shelters. Hmmmm....I could make a pillow for the dog. I only managed to snag about 6 or 7 of the samples but here's what I did:


I pulled the fuzzle out of my trash and I had some fiberfill stuff so I finished that off.
Okay...dog not real crazy about the bed but he's warming up to it!


Now...back to quilting. Judy Laquidara was planning to do a Quilts of Valor sew along today and I thought I could do something like that. Of course I don't seem to have lots of patriotic fabrics but I do haves varieties in red/blue/neutral. So this is what I was able to get done in my couple of hours of freedom!


I'll keep plugging along at this project. I will probably do it in an appropriate size for our guild and donate it. No particular rush but....

I can't keep up with all the things I'm supposed to be doing. I want to dedicate time each month to making some Christmas stuff for (oh, I guess it is this year now) December!!!

I need to make this pile of fabric into a baby quilt and I need to do it pretty darn quick. The baby was born in November and I had the fabric purchased just before the bundle of joy arrived and he was early.


I've got lots of started projects that really need to be done this year. Actually, within the first 6 months would be more appropriate. I have a couple of quilts that need to go to the Longarmer. I need to do some table runners and stuff for my house and my lake house.

My time as President of my Guild is winding down. May! I am not considering a third term. I will still, however, be on the Executive Board as past President. I will happily chair a committee if there are no takers for something. I have to say being the President is a very time consuming job. It is, at times, very stressful.

Nancy and I joined the Seacoast Modern Quilt Guild and I know that I would like to focus a little more on my creativity and modern-ness (is that a word? haha).

Oh yeah...I read the 50 Shades of Grey. It is a love story, people!!!!! Honestly...no need to rush out to the hardware store! hehehe Anywho...I might sit down with the second book this afternoon. My husband wants to make an appetizer so I don't know how much reading time I will get in.

All for now. I have lots in my head but just no time right this minute. Hope you are all enjoying your holiday. Back to normal (?????) tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. It was a good day today....in some ways! Four placemats made....just binding left to do. One more late Christmas gift off the check list!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete