Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Debbie who?????

Holy smokes...it has been quite some time since I have posted. I did start a post a while back (April 21st) but it never got finished to post.

My quilting life is in flux. I'm fighting to keep it alive but it is difficult. Hubby's mom now lives with us and it is very time consuming. Plenty of doctor visits to keep me going, though. I am learning things.

So so far this year I made a baby quilt for my friend's daughter. It took me 3 months or more to make it. Good grief..I made the same quilt before and it took about 5 hours of my time. Of course I had the last one machine quilted and this recent one was Debbie quilted! Still, 3 months is too long.

I managed to go to Vegas for my niece's wedding in May. Nope, Elvis did not marry them. They live there so there was no need for the Elvis wannabe! We had fun.

Back to reality...and still nothing being sewn. I did spend a couple of hours in my studio last week. I cleaned and oiled the machine and vacuumed. It felt good because I had not step foot through the door for longer than 5 minutes in over 6 weeks.

I also went to visit my friend, Sue, at her quilt shop. Boy did that lighten my mood for the day. 45 minutes and that was what it took to get me to realize I am still alive.

I'm trying to keep up with the Seacoast Modern Quilt Guild. I could not make the June meeting but I am going to try like heck to get to the July meeting.

What else....Oh....I am no longer the President of my guild. I'm the Past President. Well. It is still a title...hahaha

In Flickr world, after 3 years, I bowed out of the Quilting Journey group. My project is among the missing and has been for 2 years. It is frustrating but I had to give up. I miss chatting with the group, though. We were having loads of fun early on.

So...I am trying to hang onto my quilting life and for sure, I am not going down without a huge fight (hehe). I am trying to keep up with my fave blog reading and emails. I can be a bit slow on the emails but my time is not always my own.

Hoping you are all doing well. I'll try to post my baby quilt finish later. Fingers crossed. It was a cute quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment